LAKE COUNTY, Fla. - The Lake County Sheriff's Office arrested 20 people in a county-wide drug bust to combat the problem of street-level drug dealers.
The 20 people arrested, both men and women, have charges for selling heroin and fentanyl to meth and oxycodone.
More News Headlines
- Lake County tells land owner to dump ‘Toot for Trump' sign
- Lake County family hopes FDA approves possible blindness cure
- 26-year-old man killed in Lake County crash, troopers say
- Troopers ID 16-year-old girl killed in crash involving fire truck
- Pilot killed in experimental plane crash in Lake County
- FHP trooper arrested in Lake County on sex charges
- Semitruck spills lumber after overturning on Turnpike in Lake County, FHP says
- Credit card skimmer found at Lake County gas station, police say
“I would like to thank the Mount Dora, Leesburg, and Clermont police departments for their help in getting the drug dealers off our streets and out of our neighborhoods,” Sheriff Peyton Grinnell said. “We will continue to be aggressive in targeting the pushers of poison in this county.”
Deputies said Charlie Velez, who was arrested for selling heroin, had overdosed twice in the county. When Velez was arrested deputies found 15 pre-packaged baggies of heroin and fentanyl. Velez had additional charges added, deputies said.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.