LAKELAND, Fla. - Authorities say a man was wounded during a shootout with Polk County deputies after a domestic disturbance call.
A Polk County Sheriff's Office news release says 32-year-old Joshua Imhoff was shot and critically hurt Friday morning. He faces multiple charges, including six counts of attempted first-degree murder on a law enforcement officer.
More News Headlines
- Suspect shot by West Melbourne officer tried to run over officer first,…
- Orlando police vehicle involved in crash, OPD says
- Police identify suspect in West Melbourne officer-involved shooting
- Man arrested Friday morning after standoff with Osceola County deputies
- Melbourne police officer shoots man who opened fire, officials say
Officials say Imhoff's ex-girlfriend reported that he sent her threatening messages and a photo of a gun. Deputies spotted Imhoff's truck about an hour later near I-4, southwest of Orlando. They say he shot at them during a chase, but he was eventually forced to stop.
Deputies say Imhoff came at them with a knife, prompting them to shoot him three times. He was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
No deputies were injured. It wasn't known if Imhoff had an attorney.
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.