47ºF

Electrical issue sparked fire that ripped through Orlando home, officials say

3 adults, 1 child displaced after house deemed unlivable

Flames rip through home on Brenton Pointe Cove in Orlando. (Image: Orlando Fire Department)
Flames rip through home on Brenton Pointe Cove in Orlando. (Image: Orlando Fire Department)

ORLANDO, Fla. – Officials say an electrical issue is to blame for a house fire in Orlando that left a family of four displaced days before the holidays.

Orlando Fire Department officials said the flames broke out early Saturday morning at the home on Brenton Pointe Cove off Lee Vista Boulevard.

The fire was sparked by an electrical issue that started in a room near the garage, Red Cross officials said.

Photos from the scene show flames ripping through the second story of the home and heavy smoke. Water damage was also reported.

Officials said no one was injured.

The house has been deemed unlivable, according to the Red Cross, and financial assistance was immediately given to help the three adults and one child displaced by the fire.


About the Author: