5 Ocala residents suffer carbon monoxide poisoning

Headline Goes Here iStock

OCALA, Fla. - Authorities say five people have been sent to the hospital after being overcome by fumes while using a generator inside their house in Ocala.

Ocala Fire Rescue spokesman Brian Stoothoff told the Ocala Star-Banner that everyone in the house was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Someone was able to call 911 shortly before 1 a.m. Friday.

The newspaper reports all five are expected to recover.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless. Stoothoff reminds people not to use generators inside their homes.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.