JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A woman fell from her balcony on a Jacksonville-based cruise ship and died, a Carnival spokeswoman confirmed to News4Jax.
Early Friday morning, the cruise line said, the guest fell from her balcony on the Carnival Elation and landed several decks below.
- 6 hospitalized after 13-day cruise aboard Carnival ship, official says
- Brothers aboard Holy Ship! cruise hide ecstasy in rectums, police say
- Party ship hits the high seas as prosecutors warn about pot laws
- 24 people arrested on drug charges before EDM cruise, deputies say
- Serenade of the Seas cruise ship arrives at Port Everglades after fatal…
"The ship’s medical team responded immediately, but, unfortunately, she passed away," a statement from Carnival Cruise Line reads, in part. "The incident was reported to all proper authorities and CARE Team support was offered to fellow travelers and her family."
The Carnival Elation departed Jacksonville Thursday on a four-day cruise to the Bahamas.
The woman's name and age have not been released.
This article is courtesy of News 6 sister station WJXT-TV.
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.