BITHLO, Fla. - A 37-year-old man was airlifted to a hospital after he was shot near a home in Bithlo Monday afternoon, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.
Deputies said the man's neighbor found him suffering from a gunshot wound after an aggravated battery took place around 4 p.m.
More News Headlines
- 4 juveniles struck by gunfire in Orlando park, police say
- Burglar moves into house, eats food, wear clothes, steals purse
- Trio arrested in series of phone thefts in downtown area, police say
- Baby dies after mother falls asleep in bathtub, deputies say
- Authorities identify suspect, deputy involved in Rockledge shooting
The man was only able to provide few details about the incident to deputies, but refused to give any more information, the Sheriff's Office said.
He was flown to Orlando Regional Medical Center, where he was in critical-but-stable condition, deputies said.
Detectives are still at the scene investigating the shooting, according to the Sheriff's Office.
No other details were immediately available.
This is a developing story. Stay with News 6 and ClickOrlando.com for updates.
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.