(CNN) - In the early days of the investigation into the Las Vegas mass shooting, two people were named as persons of interest in the case, according to newly released police search warrants.
One was deceased shooter Stephen Paddock's girlfriend, Marilou Danley, who has since been publicly cleared in the case. The name of the other was redacted in hundreds of pages of documents released Tuesday to the media.
- What we learned from the Las Vegas shooting report
- Preliminary report on Las Vegas massacre does not reveal motive
- More charges possible in Las Vegas strip massacre, lawyer says
- Las Vegas shooting: Unsealed documents reveal new details
- Staff interacted with Las Vegas shooter 10-plus times before massacre
- Coroner: All Las Vegas victims died from gunshot wounds
- Las Vegas massacre survivors 2 months later: 'We're in the dark'
The Las Vegas Review-Journal has identified that individual as Douglas Haig. Haig did not respond to phone calls Tuesday evening.
Las Vegas police officials told CNN on Tuesday the department cannot comment on Haig or any names. They referred CNN to federal authorities.
Clark County District Court Judge Elissa Cadish ordered the documents released after several news outlets, including CNN, sued to obtain the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department search warrants related to the October 1 shooting.
But the judge allowed a small portion of those records to be redacted because "there is an ongoing investigation regarding charges against another individual, arising out of information obtained in connection with the ... shooting, but not directly related to the shooting."
Earlier this month, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Sheriff Joe Lombardo, in response to a question from CNN, said another person is under investigation, which is being led by federal authorities. That person could be brought up on federal charges -- again, not directly related to the shooting -- within the next 60 days, the sheriff said January 19.
At the news conference 11 days ago, Lombardo didn't disclose the person's name and what charges might be brought because those details were "under federal grand jury disclosure" rules.
In addition to the 58 people Paddock killed, 422 people suffered wounds as a direct result of gunfire, and another 851 individuals suffered other injuries in the attack, Lombardo said.
He has repeatedly said Paddock was the only shooter to open fire from the Mandalay Bay hotel onto more than 20,000 people attending a country music festival.
Paddock died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Federal documents connected to the investigation, including hundreds of pages of federal court records and search warrant affidavits, were unsealed earlier this month. They revealed the inner workings of the early stages of the investigation.
Correction: This story has been revised to give the correct first name of Douglas Haig, identified as a person of interest in the case.
Copyright 2018 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.