ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando is taking a new step on Thursday toward promoting public transportation with a new "car share" program.
The city of Orlando, Florida Department of Transportation and Hertz are launching the new initiative at six different locations around downtown.
The locations will be:
- Lot 10 at Hughey Avenue and Central Boulevard
- CNL parking garage on Boone Avenue behind City Hall
- Creative Village on Alexander Place at the end of the LYMMO line
- Thornton Park neighborhood at Central Boulevard and Eola Drive
- Landmark Center on Broadway Avenue at Robinson Street
- Florida Hospital Orlando Campus at Sanitarium Avenue and Rollins Street
Two of the 12 cars you will be able to reserve and pick up at any time of the day are on display at the corner of Central Avenue and Eola Drive in Thornton Park.
Rates start at $8 per hour, but could vary depending on the car. Cars can be booked on your phone or the Hertz website.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.