VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. - Not only people, but animals too, are feeling the impacts of Hurricane Irma as the powerful storm churns up the west coast of Florida.
The Daytona Beach Shores Department of Public Safety posted a picture on its Facebook page of an injured pelican rescued by officers Sunday afternoon.
More News Headlines
- Florida Keys pigs, chickens fleeing Irma holed up in Seminole suburb
- Irma continues to weaken after passing through Central Florida
- Roadway intersection washout reported in Cocoa from Hurricane Irma,…
- WATCH LIVE: Hurricane Irma models, satellite; storm updates
- Vice President Pence to Florida as Hurricane Irma arrives: 'We are with you'
Officers wrapped the long-legged bird up to keep it comfortable before bringing it back to the station to safely ride out the rest of the storm, police said.
Officials did not say where the pelican was found or how it was injured.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.