ORLANDO, Fla. - Orange County leaders voted 7-0 Tuesday morning to approve a $189 million funding plan for the Citrus Bowl renovations, according to Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs' office.
Jacobs and Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer signed a deal last month to start the renovation of the Citrus Bowl in 2014.
The city has been trying to get the county to agree on a plan for about three years. According to the City of Orlando website, the proposed renovation for full build-out of the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium includes:
- 70,000 spectator seating capacity
- 4,000 club seats and 10 new suites
- 40,000 square foot Stadium Club/Banquet space
- New and enhanced concessions, locker rooms, restrooms, press facilities and associated utilities
- Improved accessibility
- Demolition and reconstruction of the existing lower bowl
Construction will start in January of 2014 and could be finished in 11 months.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.