DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - A Daytona Beach man is facing charges after he dumped his disabled niece out of a wheelchair when she questioned him about her missing cigarettes, Daytona Beach police said.
Officers said a 46-year-old woman called police after an argument between her and her uncle, Kenneth Stewart, 51, of Daytona Beach, turned physical.
- 'Luxury' concert weekend in Bahamas turns into nightmare
- Boy dies after former law enforcement officer hits children at bus stop,…
- 5th grader with autism hurt after gym teacher throws basketball at boy's…
- Man seeks answers after video shows daughter kicked, punched on campus
- Sign up for ClickOrlando.com breaking news alerts, email newsletters
The woman, who uses a wheelchair to get around because she does not have mobility in her hip, said her uncle was heavily intoxicated when he arrived at their home, according to the incident report. She said he began yelling at her when she asked him about her missing cigarettes, police said.
Stewart then grabbed both handles of the woman’s wheelchair and dumped her out of it, leaving her on the ground, according to the report.
Police said the woman remained on the ground until she was able to pull herself into a reclining chair.
When police arrived, the woman complained about swelling and pain in her legs, but officers said they did not find any markings, according to the report.
Stewart was taken into custody and transported to the Volusia County Branch Jail, police said.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.