Worker burned, 4 others treated in chemical incident at Kissimmee resort

Hazmat team called to Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center

By Daniel Dahm - Digital Manager

KISSIMMEE, Fla. - One worker was injured and four others were hospitalized Wednesday morning in a chemical incident at a resort near Disney World, fire officials said.

A hazmat team was called to the Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando at 3011 Maingate Lane in Kissimmees for a report of a chemical explosion.

Osceola County fire officials said a worker mixed bleach with ammonia and suffered burns. 

Four other employees were taken to the hospital for inhalation, fire officials said.

None of the injuries are considered serious, officials said.

The laundry area of the hotel was evacuated, but no guests were affected.

Watch News 6 and stay with ClickOrlando.com for updates.

 

Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.