Sporting events canceled as Hurricane Matthew looms
UF, UCF postpone games
Hurricane Matthew has canceled various sporting events throughout Central Florida.
The following list will be updated as information is received.
- The University of Central Florida football game against Tulane, which was scheduled for 8 p.m. Friday, has been postponed until Nov. 5.
- The Florida Tech vs. North Alabama football game is canceled and will not be rescheduled. "With both FIT and UNA having a full slate of games scheduled for the remainder of the season, there is not an opportunity for this game to be rescheduled," according to a FIT press release.
- The University of Florida says it has postponed the LSU game. The universities and the SEC Office will work to reschedule the game later in the 2016 season if possible.
- Florida State University is monitoring the hurricane to decide if the game vs University of Miami will be played. It is scheduled for Saturday at 8 p.m.
- The University of South Florida says home events are expected to be played as scheduled this week.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.