ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - Thousands of students and faculty at the University of Central Florida will take part Friday in one of the most anticipated events of the year: the Spirit Splash.
The 22nd annual event is part of a week of activities ahead of the Knights' homecoming football game. It consists of a pep rally at the school's Reflection Pond near Millican Hall. The crowd surrounds the pond then "charges" into the water.
- Bear spotted on UCF's campus
- UCF unveils 'space' themed homecoming uniforms
- Duo arrested after vehicle break-in at UCF, police say
- UCF football player candidate for senior award
- UCF Police find decrease in on-campus crimes in 2016
- UCF basketball officially back in session
- UCF hosts annual suicide awareness event
UCF has a lot to be excited about, as the 4-0 Knights are ranked No. 22 in the country in the latest AP poll. They'll host East Carolina on Saturday night at Spectrum Stadium.
The pep rally starts at noon Friday with the splash taking place at 1 p.m.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.