Tell great stories in a great market! WKMG-TV, Orlando, FL is looking for an expert storyteller who can work contacts and break exclusive sports stories. Ideal candidates are self-motivated and can enterprise, research and deliver compelling stories that impact the lives, families, homes and jobs of our viewers. Everyone on our team produces material for all our platforms, on-air, online and mobile. A passion to win, a strong work ethic and a positive outlook are vital qualifications. Qualified candidates will have at least 5 years of reporting experience.
- Gather and process information leading to the development of news stories for on-air presentation.
- Ability to shoot and edit video.
- Develop original, imaginative and creative ways to tell/show stories.
- Travel to the scene of a story, gather and compile information into the proper form for editing and broadcast.
- May report the story live from the event, scene, newsroom or studio.
- Cultivate and maintain credible sources.
- Coordinate news coverage activities with producers, other photographers, editors, and news management.
- Discretion, maturity and composure-especially under pressure.
- Meet daily deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and irregular hours on a moment’s notice.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
- Reports to News Director.
- Degree in Journalism preferred.
- Minimum of five years full-time television reporting or equivalent experience preferred.
- Familiarity with all standard newsroom procedures.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be able to travel and fly to various locations in an airplane or helicopter.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send tape and resume to: Allison McGinley, News Director, email@example.com
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
WKMG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.