- Gather and process information leading to the development of news stories for on-air presentation.
- May report live, from the scene, newsroom or studio.
- Must have ability to create state-of-the-art graphics and pre-production elements.
- Ability to help with traffic reports utilizing station’s computer system and live traffic.
- Duties include preparing, writing, producing and presenting weather broadcasts.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and irregular hours on a moments notice.
- Discretion, maturity and composure, especially under pressure.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
- Reports to News Director.
- Minimum of three years experience working in commercial television with strong background in TV meteorology.
- Familiarity with all standard newsroom procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of computer weather graphics.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
- College degree in meteorology desired.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 John Young Parkway
Orlando, FL 32804
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send tape and resume to: News Director (email: email@example.com)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Note: Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, required reference checks and educational degree verification.
WKMG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of Federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with applicable State and Local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.