Fire at DJ Johnny Magic’s home likely started in chimney, officials say
The 30-year Orlando DJ and his family made it out of the home safely. Have a 3-feet “kid-free zone” around open fires and space heaters. Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters or central heating equipment according to the local codes and manufacturer’s instructions. Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional. Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for the fuel burning space heaters.
Well-known morning DJ in Orlando loses house to fire
A well-known radio DJ who has been lending his voice to the Orlando radio waves lost his house Friday after a fire broke out. Johnny Magic is the long time morning radio host of “Johnny’s House” on Orlando’s XL 106.7. According to a friend of the DJ, the fire is said to have started in the chimney and destroyed much of the interior of the home. According to a Facebook post, the IHeartRadio DJ lost everything in the fire. Friends of the DJ created a GoFundMe fundraiser to help with costs.