Ask Trooper Steve: Plan for holiday travel
News 6 traffic anchor Steve Montiero answers viewer questions
ORLANDO, Fla. – Orlando International Airport is bracing for another record-breaking number of passengers this holiday season.
More than 46 million people are expected to travel through OIA -- more than double the airport’s capacity.
"To accommodate the increased growth, the airport has embarked on a major expansion and is currently under construction in several key areas, so it’s more important than ever to plan ahead," News 6 Traffic Safety Expert Steve Montiero said. "With that in mind, here are some tips from Orlando International to help avoid travel-related stress this holiday to ensure an experience that offers safety, comfort, ease and speed."
- Check with your airline before leaving.
- Plan to arrive three hours before your flight.
- Use the newly opened Parking Garage C for convenience.
- Consider traffic and weather when planning your trip to the airport.
- Wait for arriving guests in the cell lots to keep the pickup lanes flowing. Please wait 30 minutes after arrival time for pickup.
- Download the free WKMG News 6 and MCO apps and tune in to the "Fly MCO" radio station for regular, reliable updates on wait times, parking information and wayfinding.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.