DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - The Daytona Beach Police Department is investigating a crash that happened in Daytona Beach early Sunday morning, police said.
The crash took place on Mason Avenue just after midnight, police said.
- Several crashes occur during first few days of Bike Week
- Police: Daytona Beach crash involving motorcycles, cars being investigated
- FHP: 1 dead, 1 injured after motorcycle crash in Daytona Beach
- DBPD: Woman arrested, accused of striking vehicle, motorcycle while…
- Sign up for ClickOrlando.com breaking news alerts, email newsletters
Officers said a pedestrian, Samuel Sledd, 46, was crossing Mason Avenue from north to south when he was hit by a car driving on Mason Avenue.
Sledd was transported as a trauma alert to Halifax Hospital, where he is in critical condition due to major head injuries he suffered in the crash, police said.
The driver of the car remained at the scene, and there are no criminal charges being filed at this time because the driver does not appear to have been at fault, police said.
No other details were available. Stay with News 6 and ClickOrlando.com for updates on this story.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.