5 things to know about Tropical Storm Michael
Storm expected to strike Florida as hurricane
ORLANDO, Fla. – Tropical Storm Michael is on a projected path toward Florida's Panhandle.
Here are five things you need to know about the storm.
- Michael will spin across very warm waters that will continue to fuel and strengthen the storm
- Michael is expected to become a hurricane as early as Monday
- At its current speed, Michael could make landfall as early as Wednesday evening
- Major effects in Central Florida will be heavy rainfall accumulation and windy conditions (20-plus mph winds)
- By Friday, as Michael moves into the Atlantic, it could help pull drier and cooler air into Central Florida
Learn more about the Central Florida forecast here.
You can pinpoint the tropics here.
Watch News 6 and stay with ClickOrlando.com for the latest on Michael.
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.