Last day of winter will be wet, gloomy
Sunshine returns later this week in Orlando area
ORLANDO, Fla. – Tuesday was another gloomy day in Central Florida as rain dominated the forecast.
"Expect a soggy commute in the morning and late afternoon," News 6 meteorologist Samara Cokinos said. "Most of the rain in the morning will be light, but southern counties will see embedded pockets of moderate rainfall."
The high will reach 66 degrees in Orlando, with a 70 percent chance of rain. The coverage of rain ranges from 30 percent over northern zones to 70 to 90 percent for counties to the south.
"A cool northeast breeze and damp conditions will help keep temperatures below average," Cokinos said. "On the coast, the northeast wind will be a little stronger, near 15 to 20 mph, with gusts higher at times. A small craft advisory for boaters will continue through late Wednesday as conditions are very hazardous, with rough waters and seas averaging between 6 to 9 feet."
Grab a jacket and your rain gear as you get ready to head out and about. Showers are out there now and will stay with us today. We'll show you the rain hour by hour and how long below average temperatures will stay in the forecast. See you on #News6 pic.twitter.com/M5YPk9833a— Samara Cokinos (@CokinosSamaraWx) March 19, 2019
Rain chances will hover around 70 percent through the afternoon and evening so make sure to carry those umbrellas into the late-night hours.
Overnight lows will be near 60.
By the morning, expect rain chances to taper off to only 20 percent.
The forecast starts to rebound Wednesday, the first day of spring, with a high of 74 and a 20 percent chance of rain for the first half of the day. The average high for Orlando is 78.
It will warm to 76 on Thursday and 74 on Friday. It will be in the low and mid-80s for most of the weekend with no chance of rain Thursday through the weekend.
Rain chances return to 30 percent on Monday and 20 percent on Tuesday.
Expect highs in the low 80s for most of next week and morning lows in the 50s through the end of this week into the weekend.
There is currently a small craft advisory in effect until 11 p.m. on Wednesday. This will impact most of the Central Florida beaches with swells between 5 and 8 feet, building to 7 feet to possibly 10 feet across the offshore Gulf Stream waters Tuesday night.
Watch News 6 for more weather news.
Copyright 2019 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.