ORLANDO, Fla. - The weekend in Central Florida will wrap up on a soggy note.
A few showers Sunday morning will increase in coverage by the afternoon.
- QUIZ: How well do you actually know Orlando?
- Central Florida outdoor adventures perfect for fall
- Thousands expected to sign up for food assistance in Orange, Seminole counties
- No. 20 Central Florida beats Navy 31-21 for first 6-0 start
- October road trip? Creepiest places in Florida guaranteed to haunt your dreams
"Mainly light to moderate rain, but embedded thunderstorms are possible and could produce heavy rain, gusty winds and lightning," News 6 meteorologist Samara Cokinos said.
[WEATHER: Extended forecast | Radar | Warnings | Pinpoint Weather Zones]
[DOWNLOAD: Pinpoint, Hurricane apps | SHARE: Weather pictures]
Rainfall totals are estimated to be between one-tenth to a quarter of an inch, with isolated heavy-hit areas expected to see a bit more. The rain will likely wrap up Sunday evening.
Highs will reach the upper 80s and fall to the low 70s overnight.
[SIGN UP: Subscribe to ClickOrlando.com newsletters]
More rain is expected as the work week begins.
"A cold front midweek will bring cooler and drier weather," Cokinos said. "A little taste of fall is on the way!"
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.