This week’s recipes from MamaLovesFood.com.
- 8 Chicken thighs with bone and skin
- 1 batch chicken brine
- Seasoning/rub or salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Barbecue sauce or teriyaki sauce
- Brine chicken in the refrigerator for between 4 - 24 hours. (This step is not required, but is highly recommended).
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with a clean cloth or paper towel. Brush with olive oil, then season on all sides with your choice of rub or spices (salt and pepper works great too!).
- Smoke chicken for about 2 - 2.5 hours at 250F until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160F. Baste chicken with diluted BBQ or teriyaki sauce (about 1 part water to 2 parts sauce), then continue cooking until chicken reaches at least 165F.
- If smoking on a grill, you can move the chicken to direct heat after basting to crisp the skin. Alternatively, if desired, you can raise the heat of your smoker at this time.
- Allow chicken to rest for several minutes before serving.