Pro wrestler Kevin Nash arrested after alleged fight with son, Volusia deputies say

Deputies: Nash charged with domestic battery, no bond

Tristen Nash.
Tristen Nash.

DAYTONA BEACH SHORES, Fla. – Pro wrestler Kevin Nash was arrested and charged with domestic battery early Christmas Eve morning after an alleged fight with his son, according to the Volusia County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies arrived after midnight Wednesday at a home on South Atlantic Avenue in reference to a physical domestic disturbance between Kevin Nash and his son, Tristen Nash, who live together as a single family unit.

Kevin told deputies his son arrived home intoxicated, disrespectful and was being belligerent towards him and his mother, Tamara Nash.

Deputies said Kevin then changed his story, saying his son spit in his face and shoulder or elbow checked him. At that point, he took a hold of his son and took him to the ground, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Kevin had a scratch mark that was bleeding next to his left eye. He was unaware how he got scratched, but told deputies he was scratched by his son when he was holding him down on the ground. He said his son fell to the ground due to being intoxicated and is how he received the laceration on his elbow, deputies said.

A deputy saw the scratch mark on the left side of Kevin's face near his eye. He refused all medical treatment, refused to complete a written statement affidavit detailing the incident and refused to allow the deputy to take photos of the injury and said, "Get a subpoena," according to the Sheriff's Office.

Tristen told deputies his father got upset at him due to him being intoxicated and having relationship issues with his girlfriend. He told deputies when he was taken to the ground he hit the back of his head on the ground and advised he "blacked out" and loss consciousness for a second or two.

Tristen Nash.
Tristen Nash.

Tristen (pictured, right) admitted to deputies he grabbed his father's face while being held down on the ground due to being unable to breathe and trying to get his father to release him.

The deputy saw a laceration on Tristen's left elbow and redness on his upper chest or lower neck area. The deputy was unable to see any marks on the back of his head. He refused all medical treatment, refused to complete a written statement affidavit detailing the incident, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Tamara told deputies she was on the second floor of the home and did not hear or see anything. She denied hearing any yelling or a physical altercation between her husband and son. Deputies said she refused to complete a statement affidavit.

Based on the investigation, Kevin was determined to be the primary aggressor and secured without incident for domestic battery.

Once Kevin was secured, Tamara changed her story, saying her son attacked him and she was in fear due to past physical altercations between her and her son, deputies said.

While in the back of the deputy's patrol vehicle, Kevin made a spontaneous utterance. The deputy did not question Kevin Nash after he was arrested.

Kevin Nash was later transported to Volusia County Branch Jail with no bond.