George Zimmerman addresses controversial tweet about Trayvon Martin
Zimmerman says photo of teen's body was blocked in his feed
ORLANDO, Fla. – George Zimmerman responded Monday to a controversy involving a tweet he made in connection to the death of Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old teen whom he fatally shot in Sanford in 2012.
Zimmerman, 32, last week re-tweeted a photo showing Trayvon's body. The original tweet included the caption, "Z-man is a one-man army."
Zimmerman posted a statement online saying that the photo in the tweet was blocked on his feed and he was simply re-tweeting words of encouragement from a supporter.
"I do not want to see or relive the night that I was attacked and had to use lethal force to defend my life," Zimmerman said. "No part of the events that transpired that night were heroic or admirable."
Zimmerman also said that he did nothing wrong and had nothing for which to apologize.
Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder in 2013.
Copyright 2015 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.