ORLANDO, Fla. – Disney announced Monday that new "Star Wars" experiences will open Dec. 1 at Hollywood Studios, but the park is no longer offering "Star Wars" Weekends.
The experiences were first introduced earlier this year, but it wasn't known when they would open.
In a post on the Disney Parks Blog, the entertainment giant said, "'Star Wars' Launch Bay will take guests into the "Star Wars" saga and the upcoming film, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, special merchandise and opportunities to encounter Chewbacca and Darth Vader."
Three other "Star Wars" experiences will also be offered in early December, according to the blog.
The blog also shared a sneak peek video of the park's new "Force Awakens"-inspired segment, which debuts next month at the "Star Tours: The Adventure Continues" attraction. Disney said for the first few months every guest who boards a Starspeeder 1000 will experience a trip to Jakku. After that, it will join the other sequences as a randomized experience.
Construction will begin next year on Disney's "Star Wars"-themed land, preventing the park from offering "Star Wars" Weekends, according to the park, which added that with the new offerings guests will be "able to step into the "Star Wars" saga every time they visit Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Watch News 6 and stay with ClickOrlando.com for more on this story.