IRS begins appointment service
Service begins Jan. 11 at Maitland Taxpayer Assistance Center
MAITLAND, Fla. – Tax season is here and the Maitland IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center is taking appointments now.
Taxpayers requiring assistance should call 1-844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment at the Taxpayer Assistance Center, located at 850 Trafalgar Ct. Maitland, FL 32751. The IRS started taking calls taking calls Monday for appointments starting Jan. 11 or later.
The IRS says it is moving to an appointment service at the Maitland TAC “as part of an ongoing effort to eliminate lines and reduce frustration for taxpayers and for IRS employees wanting to assist them. The agency tested various methods of scheduling an appointment.”
The agency reminds people that IRS.gov offers numerous online options that can save them time and effort. Services include:
• Where’s My Refund?, where people can check their refund status and estimated delivery date
• Free File, free tax software offered through IRS partners
• Get Transcript, order a transcript online and have it mailed
• Direct Pay, make tax payments or estimated tax payments directly from a checking or savings account
• Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, individuals or businesses can make all type of federal tax payments
• Online Payment Agreement, eligible taxpayers can set up installment payments for tax liability
• Where’s My Amended Return
• Answers to tax law questions
All IRS Forms and Publications
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.