Central Florida post offices offer extended hours for last-minute tax filers
ORLANDO, Fla. – Forgot to file your taxes? Don't get too stressed out. There are several post offices in Central Florida for last-minute tax filers.
Post offices are ready for last minute tax filers on April 18 with several being open past 5 p.m.:
- Port Orange post office located at 725 Dunlawton Ave.,32127, open till 6 p.m.
- Palm Coast post office located at 2 Pine Cone Drive,32137, open till 5:30 p.m.
- Apopka post office located at 581 N. Park Ave.,32712, open till 6 p.m.
- Altamonte Springs post office located at 321 Montgomery Road,32714, open till 6 p.m.
- Deland post office located at 336 E. New York Ave.,32724, open till 6 p.m.
- Lake Mary post office located at 3415 W. Lake Mary Blvd,32746, open till 6 p.m.
- Sand Lake post office located at 10450 Turkey Lake Road,32819, open till 7 p.m.
- Alafaya Retail post office located at 650 N. Alafaya Trail Suite 101,32828, open till 7 p.m.
- South Creek post office located at 1701 W. Wetherbee Road,32837, open till 6 p.m.
- Orlando Main Office located at 10401 Post Office Blvd.,32862, open till 9 p.m.
- Clermont post office located at 1100 US Highway 27 Suite F,34714, open till 6 p.m.
- Kissimmee post office located at 2600 Michigan Ave.,34744, open till 6:30 p.m.
- Saint Cloud post office located at 4701 Old Canoe Creek Road,34769, open till 6 p.m.
- Windermere post office located at 9300 Conroy Windermere Road,34786, open till 6:30 p.m
According to the news release, the U.S. Postal Service provides these tips for income tax filers mailing returns:
- If filing on April 18, mail early in the day at any post office. Be sure to verify post office hours of operation.
- If depositing returns in a collection box on April 18, double-check the pick-up schedule on the collection box. To ensure getting the April 18 postmark, deposit returns before the last scheduled pick-up time.
- Affix the correct postage. Some returns include many forms and require additional postage. IRS does not pay postage due and will return items to sender.
- When possible, use the envelope provided by the IRS and be sure to include a return address. If the envelope provided by the IRS is unavailable, be sure to verify the IRS address where returns should be mailed.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.