ORLANDO, Fla. – A problem with a locking mechanism has forced IKEA to recall safety gates IKEA Patrull, Patrull Fast and Patrull Klamma.
The gates and extensions of the gates are white, made of beech wood or steel and plastic. The pressure-mounted gates open both inward and outward and measure about 28 1/2 inches to 34 1/4 inches.
The gates have a permanent label attached to the metal bar at the bottom of the safety gates containing "IKEA" and the article number.
Gates with the following article numbers are included in this recall:
- PATRULL safety gate 702.390.98
- PATRULL safety gate extension 602.651.44
- PATRULL FAST safety gate (white) 700.377.26 & 702.265.19
- PATRULL FAST safety gate (beechwood) 300.375.68 & 700.989.51 & 701.135.98 & 901.919.53
- PATRULL KLAMMA safety gate 302.265.21
- PATRULL KLAMMA safety gate extension 302.651.45 & 902.265.23
IKEA has received 55 reports of incidents worldwide, including 10 injuries that resulted in two concussions, and cuts and bruising.
Consumers should immediately stop using the safety gates and the extensions and return them to any IKEA store for a full refund.
[FOR MORE INFO: IKEA RECALL]