ORLANDO, Fla. – The holiday season is upon us, and Central Florida is beginning to light up.
News 6 will have a holiday edition for "What Does It Take?" at Gaylord Palm's ICE! next week on ClickOrlando.com, one of many holiday events across Central Florida.
Here is a list of noteworthy events:
ICE!: 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'
ICE! is back at the Gaylord Palms, featuring "A Charlie Brown Christmas," including over 2 million pounds of ice to create the setting.
- • Cost: Adults $29.99 and children $16.99, and parking is $7.
- • Date: Nov. 18-Jan. 1
- • Address: 6000 W. Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee
Tree Lighting Ceremony
Orlando will light up its 72-foot Christmas tree at Lake Eola. News 6 will be there, and coverage of the tree lighting will include a live stream.
- Cost: Free
- Date: Friday
- Address: 512 E. Washington St., Orlando
Singing Christmas Trees
A theatrical show including singing by two 40-foot-tall Christmas trees. Show includes "worshipful dance," full orchestra, drama and display of 250,000 lights.
- Cost: Price ranges from $7 to $18. A dinner package is offered at $48.
- Date: Dec. 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Address: 3000 S. John Young Parkway, Orlando
Wekiva Island's Winter Wonderland
For the first time ever, Wekiva Island will have snow at its holiday festival. Guests can enjoy snow flurries and snow-play areas along with movies, Santa visits and movies.
- Cost: Parking is free, sledding and train rides cost $5 per person.
- Date: Every weekend in December. Snow falls every night at 6 p.m. Event offerings vary by date.
- Address: 1014 Miami Springs Dr, Longwood
Light Up UCF
Experience winter in Florida with Light Up UCF. Events include ice skating, a light show, rides and other holiday attractions.
- Cost: Prices are as low as $4.25 for a Ferris wheel ride and as high as $48 for two poses with Santa Claus. Combo, season and group tickets are offered.
- Date: Nov. 18 - Jan. 7
- Address: 12777 Gemini Blvd, N., Orlando
Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!)
A comedic play consisting of different Christmas stories. The list includes the stories of Charlie Brown, Rudolph, Frosty and "It's a Wonderful Life."
- Cost: Prices range from $13 to $25.
- Date: Nov. 30 - Dec. 30
- Address: 812 E. Rollins St., Orlando
Reindeer Run 5K at SeaWorld
Run through a holiday-decorated SeaWorld and finish the race at the park's Winter Wonderland. If runners finish the race, they will receive holiday treats.
- Cost: Registration is $33 till Dec. 9 and $38 on race day. If a racer is 17 and under or 65 and over, the cost will $23 through Dec. 9 at 7 p.m.
- Date: Dec. 10
- Address: 7007 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando
Ye Olde Hometown Christmas Parade
The 63rd annual parade will travel through Park Avenue and end at Lyman Avenue. Santa Claus and over 100 organizations will participate in the parade, including marching bands.
- Cost: Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for children.
- Date: Dec. 3
- Address: North Park Avenue and West Morse Boulevard, Winter Park
Tiny House Festival of Lights
Osceola Heritage Park will feature 24 traditional tiny houses, under 400 square feet, open for tours. The houses are suitable for full-time living.
- Cost: Ages 12 and under are free. Tickets cost $15, and parking is $7.
- Date: Dec. 9 - 11
- Address: 1875 Silver Spur Ln. Kissimmee