70ºF

Marion fire rescue sends out safety reminder after mobile home fire

No one was injured in the fire

(Marion County Sheriff's Office)

MARION COUNTY, Fla. – The Marion County Fire Rescue said crews were dispatched to a mobile home fire on the 4800 block of 100th Street in Belleview around 12:12 a.m. on Wednesday.

Crews said when they got to the scene, they saw smoke coming out of the double-wide mobile home.

The fire was contained about 15 minutes later.

The origin of the fire was centered on the chimney area, according to the fire rescue.

4 December 2019: **MCFR Quickly Extinguishes Belleview Mobile Home Structure Fire** At 12:12am, MCFR units were dispatched to a mobile home structure fire located in the 4800 Block of SE 100th Street, in Belleview. The 911 caller reported that there was smoke and flames visible from the area near the chimney. Rescue 518 arrived on scene at 12:17am to find the double-wide mobile home with smoke coming from the eves. The crew entered the mobile home to complete a primary search. Additional firefighters from Belleview Station #18, Spruce Creek Station #30 and Shady Station #16 arrived shortly after. Engine #18 completed a 360 inspection of the fire ground, called heavy smoke and a working fire. No injuries reported to firefighters or civilians on scene. The fire was called under control at 12:31am. The cause and origin of the fire was centered on the chimney area. Fire crews were able to contain the fire to that area, thus saving the homeowner’s personal property and heirlooms. MCFR would like to remind our citizens to ensure annual chimney sweeps and maintenance are performed on fireplaces and chimneys. As the days get colder, keeping your family warm is of paramount concern. Please read the safety precautions on any space heaters and NEVER leave candles burning. Units on Scene: R518, E18, L30, E16, HR1, R530, Div1, DC5, A103, R16, MCFR Safety Ocala StarBanner WESH 2 News WFTV Channel 9 News 6 WKMG / ClickOrlando FOX 35 Orlando WCJB TV20 News The Villages-News.com Ocala-News.com Firehouse 30 Firehouse 18, Home of the "Hames Rd. Hooligans" Bart Walker

Posted by Marion County Fire Rescue on Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The fire rescue said crews contained the fire to the chimney area.

No one was injured in the fire.

The homeowner’s heirlooms were saved from the flames.

The fire rescue reminded everyone to make sure their fireplaces and chimneys are properly maintained.

Crews also said to read the safety precautions on space heaters and to never leave candles burning.


About the Author: