Osceola County home catches fire when battery pack for solar panels ruptures

Residence destroyed

A home caught on fire in Osceola County Friday afternoon. (Kissimmee Fire Department)

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. – A mobile home in Kissimmee caught on fire Friday afternoon when a battery pack for solar panels ruptured, according to Osceola County Fire Rescue.

The fire happened on Countryside Court around 4:30 p.m. No one was injured but the home was destroyed.

While the fire has since been extinguished, crews said it did pose a challenge because there are no hydrants in that area.

“Logistically the area does not have hydrants so that is always a challenge but they were equipped with their tanker water trucks for backup water sources and got backup help from local area fire departments like City of Orlando and Orange County today,” a spokesperson said.

Our crews responded to a structure fire in a mobile home near Narcoossee Road this afternoon. The homeowners advised in...

Posted by Osceola County Fire Rescue and EMS on Friday, July 10, 2020