LEESBURG, Fla. – U.S. Marshals have taken into custody a second person of interest in the shooting death of an 18-year-old at a Leesburg park, according to police.
D’Yuntre Wright was taken into custody Thursday morning, the Leesburg Police Department said on social media. He was then interviewed by Leesburg detectives at the Orange County Jail, the post states.
Thursday’s update about Wright comes about two weeks after it was announced James Fenderson IV had been taken into custody.
[VIDEO: Person of interest in custody after fatal shooting at Leeburg park]
Fenderson and Wright were considered persons of interest in the fatal shooting of Juan Gomez Jr. at Berry Park on Dec. 14, 2025.
Officers said they responded to the park before 1 p.m. that day, locating Gomez inside a vehicle and suffering from at least one gunshot wound. The Leesburg Fire Department and EMS also responded, but Gomez was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
The police department promised “a detailed release when all appropriate evidence is compiled.”
[WATCH BELOW: 18-year-old dies after being shot in Leesburg]