KISSIMMEE, Fla. - A vigil was held Sunday afternoon to honor two Kissimmee officers who were fatally shot Friday night.
The Hope Mission Church in Kissimmee hosted the vigil at the corner of Cypress and Palmway streets, near the area police said Officer Matthew Baxter, 27, and Sgt. Richard "Sam" Howard, 36, were gunned down by a 45-year-old man.
More News Headlines
- Second Kissimmee officer shot in line of duty dies, police say
- Person of interest located in shooting death of Kissimmee officers, police say
- What we know about the Kissimmee officers shot in the line of duty
- Accused cop killer was long-time Marine
- President Trump, other officials respond to Kissimmee police shooting
- Pictures: 2 Kissimmee officers shot, killed in line of duty
Both officers were taken to Osceola Regional Medical Center, where Baxter died late Friday. Howard remained in "grave critical condition" at the hospital overnight before he died Saturday afternoon, Kissimmee police said.
Everett Glenn Miller, a former Marine, was arrested at a nearby bar Friday night and charged with first-degree murder in Baxter's death, police said. A judge denied Miller bail during his first appearance Sunday morning.
Organizers led a prayer circle during the vigil.
Watch News 6 and ClickOrlando.com for more on this story.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.