Salvation Army

An Orlando icon since 1920

ORLANDO, Fla. - The Salvation Army was first established in Orlando in 1920. It was first located in downtown Orlando at Central and Magnolia. From this location, the Salvation Army continued to operate and meet the varied needs of the community through 1968 when it relocated its facilities to its current location on West Colonial Drive. The Salvation Army of Orange County continues to serve the citizens of greater Orlando with its varied programs and strives to make a difference in the 21st century.

The Salvation Army is part of the universal Church. . .

Salvation Army places of worship are sometimes called “citadels” or “community centers”, but, whatever their name, they are Christian churches that are open to the community they serve and offer a welcome to all.

These meetings have a relaxed atmosphere, and can include hymn singing, Bible readings, members of the congregation talking about their Christian experiences, and presentations by worship or drama groups.

As well as services on a Sunday, there are weekday and evening activities, such as prayer groups, family events, lunch groups, youth clubs and meetings for seniors.

Why not go along to your local Salvation Army center and see for yourself all that it can offer?

The Salvation Army has several Community Centers throughout the Central Florida area. These Community Centers have a variety of activities for all ages and strive to strengthen the individual and family. For more information about any of the church programs at The Salvation Army contact us at: 407-423-8581.

Copyright 2015 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.