Authorities regularly called to home where 18-month-old boy died, records show

Deputies calling death 'suspicious'

By Brianna Volz - Web producer, Vanessa Araiza - Reporter

ORLANDO, Fla. - An 18-month-old boy was found dead at an Orange County home Sunday morning, deputies said.

Moor Lysias was found not breathing inside the home on Killington Way in Orlando around 4:30 a.m. by a man who lives in the home, deputies said. The man, who authorities said is not related to the boy, called 911.

He spoke to News 6 Monday afternoon. 

He didn't want to go on camera but said he helped care for the young boy. 

Loud music woke him early Sunday morning. He said when he went to check on the child in his bedroom he wasn't breathing.

"You shouldn't have to bury a child," he said. "They should be the ones burying you."

Lysias' mother was the only other person home when the boy was discovered, deputies said.

According to court documents, Tamika Nicole Young and Frino Lysias are the toddler's parents.

The two have been in a custody battle for their son since last year.

Most recently on Sept. 27, Young filed paperwork stating Frino had taken their child and she was afraid he was not going to give him back.

More than a dozen calls for service have been made to the home in the past two years. Some of which include calls for mental illness and verbal disturbances.

Orange County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Jane Watrel said examiners are calling the boy's death suspicious, but did not immediately provide any other details about his death.

"They know when a death is natural.They attend hundreds of deaths every year in Orange County, and in this case, they feel that it's suspicious and the team is here to make sure that whatever happened to this child -- if something happened that's suspicious -- that whoever did this will pay," Watrel said.

An autopsy was performed Monday. The results of the boy's death are pending. 

Lysias' mother was taken in for a mental health evaluation just after 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Watrel said.

Authorities said the man who lives in the home is cooperating with investigators.

No one has been charged in connection with the boy's death, deputies said. The investigation is still ongoing.

Stay with News 6 and for updates on this developing story.

Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.