Foods to watch out for that are high in trans fat
The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday took a first step toward potentially eliminating most trans fat from the food supply, saying it has made a preliminary determination that a major source of trans fats -- partially hydrogenated oils -- is no longer "generally recognized as safe."
Here is a list of foods to watch out for that are high in trans fat, according to WebMD:
- Cookies, crackers, cakes, muffins, pie crusts, pizza dough, and breads such as hamburger buns
- Some stick margarine and vegetable shortening
- Pre-mixed cake mixes, pancake mixes, and chocolate drink mixes
- Fried foods, including donuts, French fries, chicken nuggets, and hard taco shells
- Snack foods, including chips, candy, and packaged or microwave popcorn
- Frozen dinners
Copyright 2013 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.