72ºF

Workers shocked by power lines on roof of Daytona Beach business

Men walked into power lines, officials say

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Two termite company workers were injured Friday morning in separate incidents when they walked into a power lines and were shocked on the roof of a Volusia County business, officials said.

[PHOTOS:  Workers shocked in Daytona Beach]

The first incident happened around 7:10 a.m. at 701 S. Beach Street in Daytona Beach.

Daytona Beach fire officials said a 28-year-old man was taken to Halifax Hospital for evaluation after walking into a power line. His condition has not been released. 

According to authorities, about 30 minutes later, another worker was conducting an inspection and setting up a tent when he, too, walked into the power lines.

Officials said the 23-year-old man suffered third-degree burns to his arms, adding that the victim had an entrance wound on his arm and an exit wound on his foot.

He was airlifted to Orlando Regional Medical Center as a trauma alert patient, officials said.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate the incident.