Florida's back-to-school tax-free holiday begins Friday
Sales tax-free weekend starts Aug. 3
With back to school right around the corner, it's that time for Florida to hold its annual Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday weekend.
Starting at 12:01 a.m. Friday, Aug. 3, 2018 and ending at 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5, 2018, Floridians will not have to pay the normal sales tax on items such as clothing, school supplies and more.
No sales tax will be collected on:
- Clothing, footwear and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60;
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15;
- Books that are not otherwise exempt;
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items;
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items; or
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
Personal computers are not included in the this year's tax-free weekend.
See the full list of items here.
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.