Family displaced after house fire surprised with newly rebuilt home

Single mother's home badly damaged after dryer caught fire in March

OCOEE, Fla. – An Ocoee family, whose home was badly damaged in a house fire, received a gift on Thursday of a newly rebuilt and furnished home.

In March, Chelsie Lloyd and her two sons lost nearly everything after a fire started in a dryer and quickly spread through the home. The family and their dogs made it out unharmed, but they lost most of their clothing, toys and other possessions.

While living in hotels since the fire, Lloyd was surprised by Tricon American Homes, which is kicking off its "season of giving." The rental management company spent several months rebuilding and perfecting the home, where Lloyd and her boys have lived for the past four years.

"I'm most looking forward to being home, where we can feel settled and comfortable again, and no longer living out of suitcases," Lloyd said. "It's more than I could have every expected from a management company."

Loyd said Tricon also raised money to give her sons items that remind them of home. After getting settled into her rebuilt home, she said she plans to stay there well into the future.
 


About the Author:

Mark Lehman became a News 6 reporter in July 2014, but he's been a Central Florida journalist and part of the News 6 team for much longer. While most people are fast asleep in their bed, Mark starts his day overnight by searching for news on the streets of Central Florida.