ORLANDO, Fla. – The Internal Revenue Service will offer taxpayers face-to-face help this Saturday, March 11, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following Taxpayers Assistance Centers in Florida:
- 850 Trafalgar Court, Maitland, FL 32751
- 51 S.W. First Ave., Miami, FL 33130
- 1248 N. University Drive, Plantation/Fort Lauderdale, FL 33322
- 3848 W. Columbus Dr., Tampa, FL 33607
During these Saturday hours, walk-ins will be accepted for all services routinely offered at an office, except for making cash payments. Tax return preparation is not a service provided at IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TACs).
[TRENDING: Become a News 6 Insider]
If someone has questions about a tax bill, an IRS audit or if they need help resolving a tax problem, they’ll receive assistance from IRS employees specializing in those services. If these employees aren’t available, the individual will receive a referral for additional help on these services. IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service employees may also be available to help with some issues.
Professional foreign language interpretation will be available in many languages through an over-the-phone translation service. For deaf or hard of hearing individuals who need sign language interpreter services, IRS staff will schedule appointments for a later date. Alternatively, these individuals can call TTY/TDD 800-829-4059 to make an appointment.
For more information on the special Saturday openings, visit IRS.gov/saturdayhours. For a snapshot of the most requested customer service topics, see Publication 5136, IRS Services Guide.
Individuals should bring the following documents with them on Saturday:
- Current government-issued photo identification.
- Social Security cards or ITINs for themselves and all members of their household, including their spouse and dependents (if applicable).
- Any IRS letters or notices received and related documents.
- For identity verification services, two forms of identification and, if filed, a copy of the tax return for the year in question.
During the visit, IRS staff may also request the following information:
- A current mailing address.
- Proof of bank account information included on a tax return to receive payments or refunds by direct deposit.
While tax return preparation is not a service offered at IRS TACs, information will be shared about available local free tax preparation options. Help is also available using the following services:
- All IRS Forms and Publications, find and download current tax forms, instructions and publications. Those without access to the internet can call 800-829-3676 to order tax forms by mail.
If you have a consumer, investment or unemployment issue just email email@example.com or text the word “Make Ends Meet” along with your issue, documents and phone number to 407-676-7428.
Get today’s headlines in minutes with Your Florida Daily: