SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. – The Seminole County Office of Emergency Management provided an update for the community on Monday afternoon in preparation for Hurricane Ian.
[TRENDING: Become a News 6 Insider (it’s free!)]
The press conference at 2 p.m. discussed storm preparations, emergency management tips and other important information.
The county leaders that spoke were:
- Bryant Applegate, Interim County Manager
- Alan Harris, Chief Administrator for the Office of Emergency Management
- Matt Kinley, Seminole County Fire Department Chief
- Dennis Lemma, Seminole County Sheriff
- Donna Walsh, Health Officer for Florida Department of Health in Seminole
According to the Seminole County Fire Department, crews have a high-water vehicle staged in areas like Geneva that have a high likelihood of flooding.
Get today’s headlines in minutes with Your Florida Daily: