Skip to main content

Accused Seminole Wekiva Trail attacker due in court as judge weighs plea withdrawal request

Patrick Gamache’s new attorney says he was coerced into plea deal

Patrick Gamache, 20 (Seminole County Sheriff's Office)

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. – A man who pleaded no contest to sexually attacking a woman on a popular Seminole County trail is now trying to undo that deal before he can be sentenced.

Patrick Gamache’s new attorney filed to withdraw his no-contest plea on sexual battery charges, claiming Gamache’s previous attorney forced him into accepting it.

A hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday.

If the judge rejects the withdrawal request, Gamache could be sentenced. If the judge allows it, the case will go to trial.

[WATCH: Video shows arrest of man accused in sex attack on Seminole Wekiva Trail]

Deputies arrested Gamache after he attacked a woman on the Seminole Wekiva Trail in August. Prosecutors said he left behind a scooter and a shirt, and a traffic camera spotted him walking along Interstate 4 less than 24 hours later.

Gamache had an active out-of-state warrant for a drug charge at the time of his arrest. He also told deputies he had been released from jail in Miami-Dade County just days before the attack.

Gamache agreed to a no-contest plea deal with prosecutors in March.


Loading...