ORLANDO, Fla. – The 2017 University of Central Florida football schedule includes a record four September home games, 11 Saturday contests and a Black Friday "War On I-4" with USF.
The Knights will kick of their second season under head coach Scott Frost on Sept. 2, when FIU visits Orlando.
UCF will then host American Athletic Conference foe Memphis on Sept. 9, the earliest league game in program history.
ACC foe Georgia Tech will visit on Sept. 16.
The Knights will go on the road for the first time Sept. 23, when they travel to College Park, to battle the Maryland Terrapins.
UCF will return in Orlando for a contest with Maine on Sept. 30.
Homecoming will be Oct. 14 against East Carolina.
The Knights’ bye week comes after its eighth game of the season.
The regular season concludes with a "War On I-4" matchup as USF will be in town for a Black Friday (Nov. 24) contest.
The American Athletic Conference Championship game is slated for Dec. 2.
Here's the full UCF football schedule, with notes, for 2017:
- Sept. 2 – FIU | First-year head coach Butch Davis leads Panthers; Knights lead series 3-2
- Sept. 9 – Memphis* (Parents Weekend) | First meeting since 2013; Knights lead series 9-1
- Sept. 16 – Georgia Tech | Fourth meeting with Yellowjackets, first in Orlando
- Sept. 23 – at Maryland | Second meeting with Terrapins, first was 30-24 OT loss in 2016
- Sept. 30 – Maine | Knights lead series with Maine 2-0; first two contests held in 1994 and 1995
- Oct. 7 – at Cincinnati* | First-year head coach Luke Fickell leads Bearcats; Series tied at 1-1
- Oct. 14 – East Carolina* (Homecoming) | Knights have won 4 of last 6 vs. Pirates
- Oct. 21 – at Navy*, 3:30 p.m. ET (CBS Sports Network) | UCF’s first contest vs. a service academy
- Nov. 4 – at SMU* | Knights lead series 6-1
- Nov. 11 – UConn* | Second stint at UConn for head coach Randy Edsall; Series tied at 2-2
- Nov. 18 – at Temple* | Former Knights assistant Geoff Collins in first season with Owls; Series tied at 2-2
- Nov. 24 – USF* (ABC/ESPN Networks) | First-year head coach Charlie Strong leads Bulls; War On I-4
- Dec. 2 – AAC Championship | Played on campus of division winner with best conference record