ORLANDO, Fla – SeaWorld Orlando is bringing back its popular “Inside Look” weekends.
Beginning Jan. 9, SeaWorld officials will allow small groups of guests to hear and see firsthand what goes into providing world-class animal care from the experts who do it every day. Guests will also get the opportunity to talk with animal trainers at Dolphin Theater, Sea Lion and Otter Theater and Orca Encounter.
New this year, guests will also get to go behind-the-scenes and hear firsthand from roller-coaster experts about what it takes to maintain Orlando’s tallest and fastest coaster, Mako.
Take a look at the map below for event details.
- 1) SeaWorld Rescue Center: visit the home base of the SeaWorld Rescue Team and meet and hear from the dedicated filtration experts, animal care personnel, lab technicians, and veterinarians
- 2) Dive Operations at Manatee Underwater Viewing: meet the divers, learn more about the basics of diving, and find out some of the little-known secrets of what it takes to be a part of SeaWorld’s dive team.
- 3) Shark Encounter: visit the medical pool and learn how a shark receives its an annual physical. Observe the moving walkway used to temporarily divide the exhibit for cleaning and understand how aquarists feed the sharks in a 700,000 gallon habitat. This location is not ADA accessible.
- 4) Mako: hear from coaster experts about what it’s like to maintain Orlando’s tallest and fastest coaster. This location is not ADA accessible.
- 5) Beluga & Seal Primary Housing: meet the team that cares for beluga whales and harbor seals
- 6) Manta Aquarium: Go above the surface of the water and see what goes into caring for the wide array of fish, rays, sea dragons, live corals, and giant Pacific octopus. This location is not ADA accessible.
- A) Dolphin Days
- B) Sea Lion High
- C) Orca Encounter
The Inside Look event is free to all guests with park admission, which does require a reservation.
The special event runs weekends only Jan. 9-10 and 16-17.
Click here to learn more.