1920s beachside house destroyed in fire
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – A 1920s beachside house was destroyed in a fire sparked by a space heater, Daytona Beach fire officials said. The fire broke out around 1:30 a.m. Monday on Flamingo Avenue. Fire officials said the house was engulfed by flames when firefighters arrived, but they were able to get the blaze under control and keep it from spreading to the house next door and two RVs that were parked nearby. Four adults living in the house were able to safely escape. Firefighters determined the cause of the blaze was an unattended space heater that malfunctioned on the second floor of the home.