DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - An 87-year-old woman died Monday after she was involved in a crash Sunday morning, according to the Daytona Beach Police Department.
Officers said Leanor Ackerson was driving north on Pelican Bay Drive around 8:47 a.m. when she tried to turn left onto Beville Road.
More Traffic Headlines
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Bridge work closes Colonial Drive at I-4 in Orlando
- Driver killed in wrong-way, head-on crash on I-95 in Flagler, FHP says
- PHOTOS: SUV slams into 7-Eleven gas station in Apopka
- Multiple people injured in 2-vehicle crash in Orange County
- Multiple people hurt in Orlando crash, officials say
A 19-year-old man from Tennessee was driving east on Beville Road at the same time when he ran a red light and T-boned the driver's side of Ackerson's vehicle, police said.
Both drivers were taken to Halifax Health Medical Center, where Ackerson was pronounced dead Monday, according to police.
Daytona Beach police are still investigating the crash and have not said if the man will face charges.
This is a developing story. Stay with News 6 and ClickOrlando.com for updates.
Copyright 2018 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.