Hoverboard catches fire, displacing families from Orlando apartments

1 person checked for smoke inhalation

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. – Orange County Fire Rescue responded Thursday night to a hoverboard fire at an apartment at 14414 Avalon Reserve Boulevard.

According to fire officials, the apartment sprinklers were activated by the fire, causing water damage. Three families were subsequently displaced due to the damage.

Officials said one person was checked out for smoke inhalation, but refused to be transported to the hospital.

No other details were immediately released.


About the Author:

Dawn is a Digital Content Editor who has been with Graham Media Group since April 2013. She graduated from Texas State University with a degree in electronic media.