59ºF

Owners: Bogus Instagram report said Pulse was reopening

Spokewoman says posting with announcement has been taken down

ORLANDO, Fla. – A spokeswoman says the Pulse nightclub in Orlando will not reopen as a memorial to the dozens of people who died during an attack last month.

Sara Brady of the OnePulseFoundation said in a statement Monday that a bogus Instagram posting from the day before that had announced the memorial has been taken down.

The foundation was set up to help raise funds for the victims of the June 12 attack. Some 49 people were killed and 53 injured.

Gunman Omar Mateen was killed in a shooting with police at the nightclub.

 

You heard right! We will be raising funds for Pulse to dedicate a memorial for the 49 lives who were taken from us on...

Posted by onePULSE Foundation on Sunday, July 31, 2016