Security firm says it had nothing to do with Pulse nightclub gunman
ORLANDO, Fla. – A British conglomerate being sued by survivors of the Orlando nightclub shooting says it had nothing to do with the gunman's "terrible actions."
G4S PLC filed its response Monday to a lawsuit brought by the Pulse nightclub survivors and the estates of the deceased.
G4S PLC says it never directly employed gunman Omar Mateen as a security guard; its subsidiary, G4S Secure Solutions, did. The conglomerate argues it should be dropped from the lawsuit.
The victims' lawsuit contends Mateen's employer could have stopped the attack before last year's massacre at the gay nightclub in which 49 patrons were killed in the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
The subsidiary says the lawsuit should be dismissed since Mateen wasn't working for them at the time and didn't use their weapons.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.